Expedia observes an acceleration of the growth of the mobile reserves in spain
Expedia data reveal that hotel bookings made through mobile devices are still on the rise, so that one of every four rooms booked during the third quarter of 2015 has been made through one of these devices.
The study also points out that more than half of the total mobile bookings made at the global level have been made within the two days prior to the enjoyment of your stay. For Spanish hoteliers, these results show the importance of the reserves through these platforms and orients them of the need to optimize your strategy of sales to these devices in order to adapt optimally to this growing demand curve.
Between 31 and 60 days is the notice that the majority of tourists who choose Spain as destination decide to book your stay, making one of every five of these efforts through mobile. On the other hand, more than 15% for Spain through Expedia mobile hires have been made more than 90 days in advance, and also more than 15% were less than 24 hours to stay.
The results of the third quarter of 2015 submitted by Expedia shows that the average price of hotel rooms in Spain through a mobile device has experienced an increase of 4%, reaching the 123 euros per night.
The days of the week also have influence on the reserves, being the favorite in the case of the mobile efforts on Saturday, representing one of every five of hotel contracts total. Follow Friday and Wednesday, in second and third position, respectively.
Expedia data for the third quarter of this year also reveal that:
- United Kingdom, Spain and United States are countries of origin of tourists who have made a larger number of bookings of room in our country through the mobile.
- Hotel engagements through these devices by British travellers in our territory have increased more than 70% in comparison with the same period in 2014, also becoming the nationality who has made more bookings in Spain during July, August and September of this year.
- Similarly, mobile bookings made by Spanish tourists themselves has experienced triple-digit growth during the third quarter of 2015. The substantial increase in reserves through these devices by the United States is also significant, occupying the third place in nationality and representing an increase of 70% in comparison with the same period last year.
- The average duration of stay in Spanish hotels reserved via mobile phone is 2.7 nights.
- Russian travelers who book through these devices remain an average of 3.9 nights, ranks first in length of stay, followed by the Irish and Italians, with 3.8 nights in both cases. The Spanish tourists staying an average of 2 nights when they manage their room via mobile phone.
Carrie Davidson, Director of market management for Spain and Portugal of the Expedia group, explains that “these results are a source of high informative value for the Spanish hoteliers, as it allows them to understand how mobile reserves have a direct impact on their business. At Expedia, we investigated in new technological developments as well as human resources to provide to our hotel partners the best techniques of adaptation to the new development of these devices, so that they can develop more productive tools to adapt to new trends in reserves. The mobile should, therefore, be considered as a key to all hotel sales strategy”.
See also 23% of the booking of travel in Spain is via mobile phone.