Amresorts projected a strong expansion in 2015 after growing by 20 in 2014
American chain AMResorts, property of the Apple Leisure Group, 20% increase in its portfolio of hotels in 2014, a strong expansion expected to continue in 2015, when it has already signed five new contracts.
According to the network, “a plan of strategic development, the conquest of new markets, and a presence stronger in popular destinations were some of the factors that contributed to an increase of 13% in the number of rooms offered by its six brands: ZoÃ«try Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets, Breathless and”, Dreams, Now, and Sunscape Resorts & Spas.
AMResorts opened five new hotels in 2014 and ventured into two new countries with tides Costa Rica the Dreams and Dreams Sugar Bay St. Thomas Virgin Islands American.
That same year, the presence of the company in Mexico increased by 12% with the opening of Sands Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa, Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres ZoÃ«try and Secrets Beach women Golf & Spa Resort.
“In 2014 AMResorts concentrated their efforts on conquering new destinations and strengthen its presence in appropriate markets. We reap the rewards with an occupancy rate of over 90% in many of our newly opened hotels,”said Gonzalo de PeÃ³n, President of AMResorts, who added: ’In addition to reach a key point of 16,000 rooms, continue to grow in a steady and tangible to exceed the expectations of our customers by 2015, and towards the future-focused’.
To continue along this same line, am resorts announced the signing of five new hotel contracts in the first quarter of 2015, which will strengthen the presence of the company in the Dominican Republic with Secrets Cap Cana Resort & Spa Dreams Dominicus La Romana; in Mexico with Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa; Costa Rica with Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica and Aruba, which will open its first hotel: Zoetry Island Di Aruba gold.
“In view of the fast-growing market hotelier and the good results reported by the tourism industry last year, we believe that by 2015 there will be great opportunities for investment in America. Only in the Caribbean was recorded a 5% increase in the number of tourists who visited the region in the first half of 2014 and about 20% in the case of Mexico”, said Alejandro Zozaya, CEO of Apple Leisure Group.
“Mexico remains a priority for the Apple Leisure Group as the company expands with a diversity of offers to attractive destinations like Aruba, where am Resorts will open its first hotel. Our aggressive growth strategy has allowed us to have a presence in 23 destinations in eight countries”, added Javier Coll, Executive Vice President and director of strategy of the Apple Leisure Group.
Recently, the company joined his team in the country for a director of development, Ms. Dominique Bertholet, who will work from Cancun, Mexico, to maintain and promote new relations in Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America. Also, Bertholet will serve as an additional resource for the owners of hotels wishing to make inroads into the highly competitive business of hotels all inclusive.
Am Resorts will open eight hotels in the course of the next three years, six of which are completely new:
New properties in mexico:
- Secrets Â® Akumal Riviera maya: Luxury Hotel exclusive for adults with 434 rooms. Located on the beach of Akumal, which was voted as one of the “25 best beaches in the world” in 2013, according to the awards Travelers’ Choice of TripAdvisor, which will open its doors the in November 1, 2015.
- Breathless Â® Cabo San Lucas Resort & Spa: designed for adults who are looking for the ultimate in entertainment and a vibrant nightlife as part of your holiday experience, this hotel in the region of Cabo San Lucas will feature 169 rooms and will be the second brand Breathless Resort & Spa. Available from November, 2015.
- Â® Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa: this 500-room hotel will be the third of the new brand Breathless Resorts & Spas of AMResorts, and will be available from March 2016. Located only 15 minutes from the international airport of Cancun, its concept Unlimited – Luxury Â® will be attractive to singles, couples and groups of friends wishing to vacation in an exclusive environment for adults.
- Dreams Beach women Golf & Spa Resort: a new hotel for family-friendly within the complex private beach women. It will have 450 rooms and spacious suites where guests will have access to the marina and field of professional 18-hole golf course designed by Greg Norman. Opening 2016.
Continuous growth in the Caribe:
- Dreams Â® Dominicus La romano: Dreams Resorts & Spas will strengthen its presence in the Dominican Republic with 385-room hotel and suites in Bayahibe. Located only 10 minutes from La Romana, also is close to Saona Island, which was declared a natural area protected by the Government.
- Â® Cap Cana Resort & Spa Secrets: of 470 rooms exclusive adult Hotel which is located within the luxurious gated community of Cap Cana. This is a new destination for the company, where guests can enjoy the white sandy Playa Juanillo, as well as services and community facilities, including golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus, a renowned marina and much more.
- Zoetry Â® Island tell gold Aruba: available from 2018, this intimate hotel boasts 126 suites and will mark the incursion of the award-winning brand ZoÃ«try Wellness & Spa Resorts in Aruba.
- Secrets Â® Papagayo Costa rico: the second am resorts in Costa Rica, the current property, hotel will be renovated and will reopen its doors under the brand name Secrets Resorts & Spa on 11 November of 2015. Located on a private beach in peninsula Papagayo in Guanacaste region, it will have 202 suites and will be exclusively for adults.
- Dreams Â® Buenaventura Panama: located in an exclusive community of villas and luxury hotels just a few minutes from the international airport of Rio Hato. The property will have 614 suites and will offer breathtaking views of lush gardens, lagoons, a beach of white sand and a professional golf of 18 holes, par 72, designed by Jack Nicklaus. Dreams Buenaventura will be the first hotel of AMResorts in Panama with opening date in 2016.
With the opening of these new hotels, am resorts have a total of 45 properties and 17,087 rooms in 23 destinations in Mexico, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, St. Thomas, Panama and Aruba.